Dietitians Week - 20th to 24th June 2022
17 May 2022
The 20th to 24th June is Dietitians Week 2022.
The British Dietetics Association (BDA) is encouraging its members to talk about their role, what they do and how they make a difference, to help raise the voice and visibility of dietitians and show the value and impact they make every day.
This year the key messages are:
- Dietitians and the dietetic workforce make a vital contribution to health across many different specialisms and healthcare settings
- There is no ‘average’ dietitian
- Those working in the dietetic profession provide care and support for patients with long term and chronic conditions, as well as playing a significant role in prevention and public health
- Dietitians and the dietetic workforce support patients at every life stage from paediatric to older people and everything in between
- Through evidence-based research dietitians and the dietetic workforce contribute to our understanding of health conditions and health improvement
- There is greater understanding of how dietitians and the dietetic workforce contribute to patient and population health but there’s still a long way to go
How can you get involved?
- Why not get your colleagues in other professions, across AHPs and within MDTs involved in Dietitians Week?
- You can order your physical Dietitians Week resource packs from the BDA website here and spread the message about what dietitians do within your workplaces!
- Why not get in touch with your NHS Trust’s communications team and do a Twitter or Instagram ‘takeover’ for a day, showcasing what dietitians do?
- The BDA have lots of activity planned on their social media channels during the week. Get involved through social media platforms throughout the week and share using the hashtags #WhatDietitiansDo #DW2022. Search #DW2021 on Twitter to get inspired by last year's activity.
In the North West we will be asking colleagues to capture their stories about why they chose to become a dietitian, their current role and career journey and all that is fantastic about being a dietitian.