National Allied Health Professions’ Day – Celebrations across the region
08 October 2020
The 14th October 2020 is Allied Health Professions' (AHPs) Day – the 3rd year the day has been celebrated.
AHPs Day is a grass roots initiative developed by AHPs working in the NHS. Its aim is to unite members across the 14 professional groups, across the UK, recognising and promoting the significant role they have in transforming health, care and wellbeing; along with raising the profile of the professions included in the AHP family.
A number of virtual events are taking place across the region.
The Greater Manchester AHP Faculty is organising a webinar to celebrate National AHP Day 2020.
This is an exciting opportunity to find out about the development of the Greater Manchester AHP Council and Faculty as they showcase their successes and current work being undertaken around workforce planning and supporting the future AHP workforce in Greater Manchester, including the support workforce.
This event is suitable for all staff/students, at all levels, who want to find out more about being an AHP and the current work going on in Greater Manchester.
The event aims to:
- Celebrate the achievements over the past few months, during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Speaker presentations from a diverse range of AHPs including students, private practice and NHS.
- Provide a valuable opportunity to find out about the Greater Manchester AHP network, the individuals that are driving this work forward and how to get involved.
Lancashire and South Cumbria
The Lancashire and South Cumbria AHP Faculty have been working with the Careers and Engagement team to showcase each of the amazing AHP careers throughout the days activities. We are going to be posting across Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok. We are hoping the content inspires people and gives greater insight into AHP careers.
This is an exciting opportunity to find out more about the variety of different careers available within the AHP profession and roles across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
The event is suitable for all staff and students at all levels, who are interested in finding out more information about AHP careers.
The launch aims to:
- Celebrate the breadth of AHP careers across Lancashire and South Cumbria.
- Showcase virtual tours and use of new Hololens technology.
- Speaker presentations and interviews from AHPs working across a diverse range of AHP professions, including students, paramedics working in primary care and NHS.
- Launch the AHP programme of activities and opportunities available over the next year.
Please view the flyer for the activities which will be taking place on the day and how to access them.
Contact: Ruth Keeler, Strategic Lead ICS Careers and Engagement
Cheshire and Merseyside
Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust is holding an #AHPsDay2020 conference. As with previous years, colleagues have been invited to join our AHPs on the day, which this year will be virtual. Events are also happening across the week to enable our AHP workforce to learn from each other and celebrate their work.
This year’s themes are:
- Celebrating who we are by coming together to share our collective successes.
- Appreciating our skills and impact on care and support in our local communities.
- Inspiring our future workforce – ensuring we can continue to grow an AHP workforce fit for the future is everyone's responsibility. We have the NHS Long Term Plan that needs our help now and we are committed to making an AHP career a career of choice.
- Connecting with others.
Contact: Lynn King, Trust Wide Strategic Recovery and AHP Lead