Equality, diversity, inclusion and belonging
As part of our current AHP allyship programme, we have compiled a range of reading and other self directed learning resources to support our commitment to antiracism, allyship and inclusive leadership as part of the national strategy AHPs Deliver.
This is a mix of different media and will be a ‘living’ resource that we will continue to build on this over the next few months.
We encourage you to take a structured and reflective approach:
- Review and consider your professional and personal aims for inclusive leadership and antiracism.
- Explore your own unconscious bias using these tools https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html
- Identify your strengths, assets and routes to progression.
- Identify people, networks and contacts to help you (your opportunities).
- Identify your personal and external barriers and challenges (threats).
- Make a plan (and make it SMART), act on it and keep reviewing your progress.
- Don’t forget to record this as part of your HCPC CPD diary and portfolio.
- Dare to Lead, by Brene Brown (book or audiobook)
- Compassionate Leadership: Sustaining Wisdom, Humanity and Presence in Health and Social Care, by Michael West.
- Diversity and Inclusion Matters: Tactics and Tools to Inspire Equity and Game-Changing Performance, by Jason R Thompson.
The following e-learning for health modules are available: